Monday, March 12, 2012

Viet-Fail

Add caption
It's been so long since your dear Libellus has been posting.  The fact is, I've been out of comission to the greater extent having dined at a local Vietnamese restaurant.  I ordered a delicious stir-fry pork platter.  The portion was so enormous, I couldn't finish it, so I asked for a to-go box.  The next evening, I enjoyed the second half of my Friday evening dinner.  Within 3 hours of consuming what had remained of the Indochinese Surprise, I realized that not only had I received a fabulous tasting entree, but I had also been afforded an extra bonus from the rice patty: an unknown parasite that, to the dismay of physicians, banished me to almost six months of intestinal malaise and the requirement, at least for the near future, to maintain a strict gluten-free diet.  My advice to diners in the Lafayette area: unless you're feeling lucky, the local Vietnamese dine out option is much akin to eating blow fish.  You may or may not be going home in a pine box.  On a more positive note,  the minature turkey wing broom the server was using to sweep the dining room floor that evening was quite adorable indeed.  They're available at the Asian grocery on Arnould Blvd -- the cashier speaks no English (or at least he'd like you to think so), so put on your rude American face, buy a broom and sweep your kitchen like a jungle cooking hut! 

No comments:

Post a Comment